For adventure enthusiasts seeking a challenging trek in the Everest region with high mountain pass crossings, the Everest Three Passes Trek is an ideal choice. The Everest 3 High Passes Trek is one of the most adventurous treks in the world that takes you deep into the Everest region.
The Everest 3 High Passes Trek lead you Renjo La pass (5338m), Chola-La pass (5368m),Kongma-La Pass (5535m). Other attractions Gokyo valley, Gokyo RI, Fifth Lakes, Kalapathar and Everest Base Camp.
The >Everest 3 High Passes trekking is strenuous and you have to be in good physical fitness together previous mountain experience of the Himalaya.
The three passes trek is rated “Challenging”. It is a very serious adventure given its high pass crossings. It is more challenging than its sibling treks Everest Base Camp and Gokyo Lakes, but not quite as challenging as trekking peaks such as Island Peak and Mera Peak.
The best time duration for the Everest three passes trek is Spring (March, April, and May) and Autumn (September, October, and November) when the climate is warm and sunny.
- The three high passes Kongma La (5535m), Cho La (5420m), and Renjo La (5464m) provide a breathtaking perspective of the Himalayas
- This trip will take you through the Gokyo valley’s five frozen lakes.
- While traversing these passes, you will have an exciting and challenging experience.
- In addition to the experience, you will gain an intimate understanding of the Sherpa culture in the Himalayas.
- From Kala Patthar (5545 meters), you will have the best views of Mt. Everest along with the highest glacier on Earth- Khumbu Glacier (4900m)
- Stunning vistas of the world’s tallest peaks
- Exploring prayer wheels, colorful flags, Mani stones, and huge suspension bridges will astound you.
- A diverse diversity of flora and animals, including musk deer, colorful pheasants, snow leopards, and Himalayan Tha