Trekking in Nepal is an incredible experience. ABC trek is one of the most spectacular routes in the region. Many trekkers choose this route as a shorter and cheaper alternative to the Everest Base Camp trek.
Annapurna Base Camp is surrounded by some of the highest peaks in the world; Annapurna I (8091 m), Annapurna South (7219 m), the fishtail Machapuchhre (6993 m), and Hiunchuli (6441 m).
The hiking trail to Annapurna Base Camp is accessible from several trailheads and depending on your route the duration is between 6 and 12 days.
The Annapurna Base Camp Trek is a spectacular out and back high altitude hiking route stretching through multiple environments in the Annapurna Conservation Area. The trail starts off meandering through beautiful forest and terraces of rice paddies climbing all the way to Annapurna Base Camp at an altitude of 4100m.
The scenery quickly changes as you gain altitude from tropical forest to hiking in knee-deep snow among spectacular snow peaks.
- No. 1 has to be the 3600 views at Annapurna Base Camp.
- You get to cover two base camps in one trek.
- See the amazingly shaped Machhapucchre mountain, aptly named fish tail, dominate your skyline.
- Watch the sunrise over the Annapurna mountains from the base camp.
- See spectacular waterfalls and glacier-fed rivers.
- Learn about the traditions and culture of the Gurung people in Ghandruk village.
- Experience hiking through forests ablaze with red rhododendrons in the spring.
- Enjoy the relaxing hot water pool at Jhinu Danda.