Everest Base Camp Trek (EBC) in Nepal is usually enough to stir the soul of hikers all over the world. Thousands of aspirational ramblers have gained valuable experience on this Himalayan route. Some see this hike as a rite of passage for all true trekkers.
Others go on this trek because it’s a ticket to the soaring roof of the world, where an up-close encounter with the highest summit of all awaits. The Everest Base Camp in Nepal itself sits at an impressive 17,598 feet (5,364m) high, but more on its impressive heights later on.
The Everest Base Camp hike graduates from the alpine surroundings at the south end of the Sagarmatha National Park to the scree-covered ridges of ancient moraines in the final push towards the trekking finish line.
- Flight to & from Lukla with a birds-eye view of the beautiful landscape and mountainous terrain.
- View of the several eight-thousanders including the mighty Everest.
- Stopping places like Namche Bazaar, Syangboche, Thamel, etc.
- Attractive Sherpa people with heart-warming cultures, traditions, and hospitality
- Buddhist community with own unique and ancient lifestyle
- Sagarmatha National Park – one of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites of the world
- Monasteries like Rongbuk, Tengboche, Dingboche, Thame, Khumjung, Pangboche, and many more
- Himalayan views from Kalapatthar and Everest Base Camp
- Tea houses, hotels, and lodges where you acclimatize and take rest
- Museum, library, and workshops (like Sherpa Culture Museum, Khumbu International Library, and Pyramid International Laboratory)
- Khumbu Icefall and glacier