The Mardi Himal Trek is situated inside the Annapurna region of Nepal. It is on the east-south side of the Annapurna Base Camp, east of Modi Khola and west of the iconic Machhapuchre Himal (Fishtail).
The trek starts and ends at Pokhara, Kaski passing through various picturesque locations such as High Camp, Badal Danda, Mardi Himal viewpoint, and Lwang village. The highest altitude of this trek is at the Mardi Himal Base Camp, situated at an elevation of 4,500 meters.
This trek is a hidden treasure where one can revel in majestic mountain panoramas, encounter wildlife in verdant forests, and traverse rivers and ridges within a single hike.
Travel along the small curving paths through the forests and finally climb out of the woods to witness mesmerizing views of Mardi Himal, Annapurna South, and Machhapuchre from the Badal Danda.
Mardi Himal Trek is shorter to compare Annapurna base camp. Mardi Himal is a moderate high-altitude trek that doesn’t require any mountaineering skills or a lot of experience. It’s a good route to do as an acclimatization trek.
It’s quite easy to get quickly to lower altitudes if you start feeling unwell. Another popular option is to combine these two trekking routes.
First, you walk on the Poon Hill Trek till Ghandruk, from Ghandruk you go to Landruk, and from there start the Mari Himal trek. It’ll take about one week to complete the route
- Trekking through the vibrant and less crowded trail offers majestic views of valleys, forests, mountains, and so on.
- You will get a chance to experience stunning mountains like the Annapurna range, Dhaulagiri, Hiunchuli, Fishtail, and many more snowy peaks.
- Trekking through the traditional mountain village, lush green jungle, and authentic natural beauty
- Explore the local culture, traditional villages, and warm hospitality from the local people.
- Experience sunset and sunrise from the Mardi High Camp above snowy peaks.
- You will get a chance to see the Pokhara valley from the Mardi Viewpoint.
- Explore Pokhara and the lakeside after trekking.