Kathmandu is the gateway to the Nepalese Himalayas, home to the world’s highest peak, Mount Everest. If you’re making a quick visit to Kathmandu, then one of the best and most popular morning trips is the incredible Himalayan scenic flight from Kathmandu Airport, sold as the “Everest mountain flight”.
The Everest Mountain Flight by plane usually takes between 50 minutes up to an hour. The planes take off from the Kathmandu domestic terminal of TIA, Kathmandu.
During the Everest Mountain Flight, you will catch a glimpse of 20 of the highest peaks to the East of Nepal starting from the Langtang Lirung peak which is the closest peak to Kathmandu, then move towards Mt. Everest in the East and finally fly to Chamlang peak.
From there, the plane takes a turn and the passengers get a second look at the view while they make their way back to Kathmandu.
- Fly over the most astounding mountain on the planet Mount Everest (8848m), Mt. Lhotse, Nuptse, Mt. Makalu, and many more
- Guaranteed window seat for each traveler
- Feels like flying over the valleys and plateaus
- Wheelchair services are also accessible to visitors.
- The flight starts at 6:00 AM early in the morning
- Mt. Everest 20 miles from your window
- Witness fantastic Himalayan peaks, lakes, and glaciers
- 50 minutes flight with a guaranteed window seat
- Explore the Nepal Everest base camp trekking trails, Khumbu Himalayan glaciers, Khumbu Icefall, beautiful Imja & Gokyo Valley